Thursday, June 29, 2006

The Gastronomic Joys of Italy

I recently returned from a week travelling through northwest and central Italy. It was a tremendous time - offering me gastronomic inspiration and memories that will last a life time.

I tried to take pictures and record notes on all of my meals - but sometimes I got so engrossed with what I was eating that I simply forgot! Unfortunately this happened during the best meal of my trip - a lunch at a fantastic little trattoria in the Tuscan town of Arezzo.

During my five days in Italy, I managed to visit the towns of Ventimigli (for lunch), Rapallo (two nights and several meals), Arezzo (lunch), Citte di Castello (several days and meals) , Lucca (lunch) and finally San Remo (lunch).

I intend to describe these meals and my observations generally about Italy in several future blog entries.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home